Here at Sanctuary Students, we understand that you may be feeling uncertain about the place you’ll call home for the 2020/21 academic year.
No place, no stay
Book with confidence
Arrive early for free
We want to provide students with a contract directly with us for the 2020/21 academic year with reassurances and flexibility in these unprecedented times.
We are implementing a new policy which offers extended terms to our usual cancellation policy so you can feel confident that by booking a room with us, you have total peace of mind that you have a flexible contract in place.
Flexible terms for 2020/21
- If you are unable to get a Visa to study in the UK, we will cancel or postpone your booking by up to six weeks with no charge.
- If you do not get a place at university or the university course is cancelled, we will cancel your booking.
- If Government restrictions in your home country or the UK prevent you from travelling to the UK, we will cancel or postpone your booking by up to six weeks.
- If you do not get the required grades and an offer of a university place is withdrawn, we will cancel your booking.
- If your university delays or changes the course start date for teaching, we will postpone the start date of your contract by up to six weeks, but no later than the 31 October (we’ll need to see proof).
- All other current contract terms remain in place and can be viewed online.
Any student who wishes to postpone their contract start date or cancel their contract for 2020/21, will need to complete this online form.
To be eligible for our extended cancellation policy, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- You must accept a contract directly with us by 11:59pm on 31 October 2020.
- The extended terms do not apply if the booking is through a university partner or third party and they are the landlord.
- The up to six weeks delay (no later than 31 October 2020) request will only apply if we are provided with evidence of the changes to course start dates. This can be attached to the online form or emailed directly to your property team.
- If there are international or national travel restrictions and you request the contract start date to be postponed for up to six weeks (no later than 31 October 2020), we require evidence of the travel delays and/or confirmed dates of travel. This can be attached to the online form or emailed directly to your property team.
- If you are no longer studying due to the Coronavirus pandemic because you encounter visa issues, travel restrictions, pre-sessional language course availability, we will require confirmation from your university that they are no longer enrolled to study for the 2020/21 academic year. This can be attached to the online form or emailed directly to your property team.
- An online request form for cancellation or postponement must be completed and submitted by 18 August 2020.
Standard Cancellation Policy
Our standard cancellation policy applies for those students who wish to cancel for other reasons not related to Coronavirus for example:
- Found alternative accommodation
- Changed my plans
- Changed city of study
- Staying at home and travelling
You have up to 45 days prior to your accepted start date to cancel your booking, before you will be held fully liable for the contract.
Extended terms request form
Note: Questions marked with * are mandatory