Here at Sanctuary Students, we understand that you may be feeling uncertain about the place you’ll call home for the 2020/21 academic year.
No place, no stay
Book with confidence
Students who booked a room before 31 October have been able to take advantage of our flexible terms to their contract for the 2020/21 academic year.
We have implemented a new policy which offers extended terms to our usual cancellation policy so you can feel confident that by booking a room with us, you have total peace of mind that you have a flexible contract in place.
Flexible terms for 2020/21 (for rooms booked before 31 October 2020)
- If you were unable to get a Visa to study in the UK, we cancelled or postponed your booking by up to six weeks with no charge.
- If you did not get a place at university or the university course is cancelled before your contract start date, we cancelled your booking.
- If Government restrictions in your home country or the UK prevented you from travelling to the UK, we cancelled or postponed your booking by up to six weeks.
- If you did not get the required grades and an offer of a university place was withdrawn, we cancelled your booking.
- If your university delayed or changed the course start date for teaching, we postponed the start date of your contract by up to six weeks, to no later than the 31 October.
Any student who wishes to postpone their contract start date will need to get in touch with their site team.
To be eligible for our extended cancellation policy, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- You must accept a contract directly with us by 11:59pm on 31 October 2020.
- The extended terms do not apply if the booking is through a university partner or third party and they are the landlord.
- The up to six weeks delay (no later than 31 October 2020) request will only apply if we are provided with evidence of the changes to course start dates. This can be attached to the online form or emailed directly to your property team.
- If there are international or national travel restrictions and you request the contract start date to be postponed for up to six weeks (no later than 31 October 2020), we require evidence of the travel delays and/or confirmed dates of travel. This can be attached to the online form or emailed directly to your property team.
- If you are no longer studying due to the Coronavirus pandemic because you encounter visa issues, travel restrictions, pre-sessional language course availability, we will require confirmation from your university that they are no longer enrolled to study for the 2020/21 academic year. This can be attached to the online form or emailed directly to your property team.
- An online request form for cancellation or postponement must be completed and submitted by 18 August 2020.
Students who have moved in or with a contract start date in the past
The Government has advised students should not move back and forward between your permanent home and student home during term time.
Read the latest Government advise on the .GOV website.
If your university has moved teaching online and you would like to move out of a property, our standard cancellation policy applies.
Students with a contract start date in the future
If your contract has not started yet and your plans have changed and you will not be moving into your student room at Sanctuary Students, our standard cancellation policy applies.
Standard Cancellation Policy
Our standard cancellation policy applies for those students who wish to cancel for other reasons not related to Coronavirus for example:
- Found alternative accommodation
- Changed my plans
- Changed city of study
- Staying at home and travelling
You have up to 45 days prior to your accepted start date to cancel your booking, before you will be held fully liable for the contract.